Membership: Open to all interested individuals.
Term: One year, but may serve unlimited consecutive terms.
Meetings: Upon the call of the clerk.
The First-Day School Committee organizes activities for the children during Meeting for worship and at some other times. (We need to specify who organizes childcare for business meeting, for social hour if needed, and for special events.)
The First-Day School Committee:
- Gives support to teachers.
- Recruits volunteer teachers.
- Purchases materials and equipment necessary to implement the curriculum.
- Plans special programs and occasions for the First-Day schoolers, such as Christmas gatherings and Quarterly Meeting programs.
- Is prepared to procure substitute teachers when needed.
Clerk: Named by the committee members.