Membership: Four seasoned members of the Meeting.
Term: Indeterminate; each Trustee serves until the Monthly Meeting appoints a successor.
Meetings: As necessary, at least once annually.
General Responsibilities: To represent and to further the continuance of the religious Corporation known as the Scarsdale Meeting, Religious Society of Friends, holding the life of the Meeting in the Light and in a manner consistent with the decisions of the Meeting for Worship with a concern for business of Scarsdale Friends.
- To execute appropriate documents necessary for the continued existence of the Scarsdale Meeting Corporation under local government ordinances and under the laws of the State of New York.
- To act on behalf of the Scarsdale Meeting Corporation as custodian of the real property of the Meeting, delegating the on-going responsibilities for the care, maintenance, and improvement of such property to the Meeting’s business meeting, committees, and officers.
- In the event that Scarsdale Friends Meeting is laid down, responsible for winding up the affairs of the Meeting and disposing of any remaining assets of the Meeting in a manner consistent with Friends’ testimonies and the practices of New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends.
- To act on behalf of the Meeting to oversee and manage such financial assets as are held in trust (e.g., the SFM Endowment, the Perera Quaker Education Fund, etc.). Upon approval of a minute by the Meeting, the Trustees may delegate this responsibility to a committee (e.g., the Finance Committee) or to a member of the Meeting or to an appropriate outside investment manager.
- To maintain the legal documents of the meeting and ensure continuity of care for them.
Clerk: The Trustees may designate one of its members to be its Clerk on its own initiative or at the request of the Clerk of the Meeting.